I just finished these ritual burning herbs under my five intentions: HEAL, CALM, LOVE, EMPOWER and BANISH.
Maybe you have talked to me in person and know these are the five areas I felt held the most importance to me when starting Ritual Healing co. & the Ritual Botanicals line. It was important to go into a business that allowed me flexibilty to practise self care and was in tune with my ideals and was in line with a lifestyle that supported my personal goals on all levels and let me be apart of a community of like minded people who supported me.
For some time I was re-creating my life hence the upside down VV on my Dear Dawcy logo, the Viking symbol for “create your own reality”. After falling apart from the grind of my old life, negative coping tools and repressed past traumas I made healing & growing my priority and learning how my mind and body worked to find out why I was suffering and how I might change that. I found success when creating self love healing rituals for myself. This is only one small area but it has been one of my favorite positive coping tools!
Some of my rituals for self care and healing are;
- Walks outside in nature, (nature is proven to excellerate healing even if it is just looking at photos).
- Taking time to burn herbs and to meditate. This isn’t a structured thing. I just burn my herbs and close my eyes and sit and try not to think all the thoughts I do all day… when a thought comes, I picture blowing it away; I just breath and picture the air coming in a surrounding any pain or negativity inside and expelling it with the exhalation. Or I push the thoughts out, this is meditation really, it is like a pull up curl for your brain. This is when it is working, when you are moving the thoughts. If disturbing thoughts come I don’t want to deal with at all I lock it in an imaginary cupboard and tell it I will get to it later, (this cupoboard is getting full but it works!) because all thoughts need to be acknowledged, your brain scientifically doesn’t get repression, no’s, don’ts or shoulds, it gets affirmative acknowledgeing action. Also viusalization works too, visualizing the smoke taking your worries or anxieties away, wrapping them in smoke and you say “ok, I see you, I have dealt with you in this way … good bye” as it floats out the window with the smoke of the herbs.
- Ritual Baths: This is not always something I get to but I try. I use candles too for ambiance with aromatherapy benefits.
- Positive music, fitness; even if it is a little bit of jumping side to side to recircualte the body, stretching to move the energy and feelings out so they aren’t taking up residence.
- I’ve mentionned entering the creative flow state like I do with creating my jewelry and developing my product labels and more.
- Setting intentions & positive affirmations: I am healing, I am calm, I am love, I banish all that I do not need and does not serve me, I am empowered and I empower.
- With my burning herbs I have been using for a while now and working on; Not only is there an aromatherapy component to the scent of the burning herbs with benefits used in ancient times but it allows you to create a time to sit and relax and it makes your home smell nice and cleanses the air. My search for self healing tools came after years of tests and mis-diagnoses and experimental medication from doctors. After diving deep for two years into a trauma program for C-PTSD & disassociative disorder, (a common reactive affect on the brain for those with a certain gene that reacts when exposed to long term stress and mental exhaustion from abuse. Debilitating anxiety and depression were symptoms of this as well as many body ailments; inflammation, pain, inability to walk some days, increased arthritis, autoimmune diseases, skin issues, GERD, spastic organs, palipatations, dizziness, vision loss, loss on cognitive abilities; unable to drive or form proper sentences, knumb lips and hands from hyper ventaliation and more. Not to mention the mental aspects; suicidal ideation, circular negative thinking, insomnia… On top of that I lost my ability to create for close to five years. I knew I would be fine and was getting better when this ability came back. I dove deep into learning about “Why” and the “How” came. I dove into reading and listening and seeking advice from professionals, into our ancestors tools for self care, how they used the land and what earth provided like the Pagans used, ancient chinese medicine, Ayerveda, many forms of shamanism using herbs, Hinduism, Buddhism, alchemy, folklore, science and medical journals, new and old, I reached out and consulted all I could find; from massage, reiki, sacral cranial work, accupuncture, accupressure, reflexology, all forms of yoga, aromatherpay and more… I don’t claim to be a healer or to know for a fact anything but I have found tools and practises that have helped me I want to share.
Burning herbs has been used for centuries for triggering brain centers related to healing, meditation, cleansing spaces and promoting positive energy.
My blend of do-all burning herbs for smudging to maximize your sacred time;
White sage smoke offers rapid delivery to the brain and efficient absorption to the body. Scientists have observed that sage can clear up to 94 percent of airborne bacteria in a space and disinfect the air. When sage is burned, it releases negative ions, which is linked to putting people into a positive mood.
Juniper is used for protection, cleansing & attracting abundance and prosperity. Burned to stimulate or increase natural psychic powers, and also to break hexes or mal intent from others and negative patterns. It is also burned for calming, protection and healing.
Cedarwood & palo santo are medicines of protection; attracting good energies & eliminating negative. Burn cedarwood for healing, purification, protection, money, balance, grounding, clarity, insight and wisdom. Palo Santo is burned in ceremonies by Shamans and medicine people for its energetically cleansing and healing properties for those open to nature’s healing tools and its “magic” whatever that means to you.
EMPOWER uses benzoin for purification, blessings, prosperity & mental powers. Calendula is highly effective in increasing the second sight and vision, used in providing aid in mending spirit, all needed for self empowerment and finding the tools to uplift one’s spirits to move forward.
CALM uses frankincense for protection, purification, love & spiritual awareness, it has antidepressant qualities. Burned to dispel negativity, for spirituality, to purify spaces, consecration, protect against evil thoughts & energies, exorcism of negativity and aids in meditation. Can induce psychic visions, courage, protection, attract good luck, and honor Pagan deities & ancestral energies. Lavender is burned to induce rest, sleep & calm. Also burned for cleansing, healing, happiness and relaxation.
LOVE uses myrrh for clearing, spiritual connection, healing & love. Myrrh also aids meditation rituals, and was commonly burned on alters in ancient Egypt as an offering to deities Isis and Ra. Rose is burned to increase courage, induce prophetic dreams, home blessings, fertility, heart energy healing and to attract love. Possesses the strongest love vibration.
HEAL uses red myrrh for healing, protection & love. Myrrh also aids meditation rituals, and was commonly burned on alters in ancient Egypt as an offering to deities Isis and Ra. Chamomile is burned for harmony, peace, calm and spiritual & inner peace. Apigenin in chammomile binds to receptors in your brain that may decrease anxiety and initiate sleep. It is a mild sedative that creates calm needed for healing & restorative sleep.
BANISH uses white copal for spiritual cleansing & connection to the spirit (energy) realm, consecration & purification. Jasmine is burned to attract love and money, purification, and also to induce dreams of a prophectic nature, helping you see what you do not need so you can let it go.
I hope you like it! They will be available at my up coming market events !
How to use: Burn alone or in the charcoal provided by lighting the charcoal and placing pieces of your burning herbs on it as you wish to create a stream of smoke. Place in a fire proof dish or shell. You can also place it in sand in a bowl or use a cast iron dish for burning herbs. Can also be burned on logs in a fire, or piece by piece on a candle. Note the tree resins that look like rocks become a molten liquid when burned, please take care.